WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES
By Sondra Plaisance
½ cup Butter softened
¼ granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¼ CASSAVA FLOUR
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup white chocolate chips (with few extra to put on top of cookie before baking)
½ cup Macadamia nuts
1) Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) Cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3) Add egg and vanilla and blend until combined.
4) Add cassava flour, baking soda, and salt.
5) Blend on low just until well mixed.
6) Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
7) Scoop about 2 tablespoons per cookie and roll into balls.
8) Place, about 2” apart, on baking sheet. Add a couple chocolate chips to each cookie ball by gently pressing onto the top. (This not only adds a couple more chips, but visually showcases the chips in the cookie).
9) Refrigerate 20 minutes.
10) Preheat oven to 350°F.
11) Bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges are golden and center is still soft.
12) Allow to cool on baking sheet.
WHEAT FLOUR VS CASSAVA FLOUR
Utilize a flour conversion exclusively for classic recipes when you are directly replacing traditional wheat flour with Cassava flour. Avoid applying it to recipes that incorporate different gluten-free flours like almond or rice flour, or recipes explicitly designed for Cassava flour. When in doubt, opt for a more generous approach rather than a conservative one.
1 ½ tablespoons
1/8 cup +1 tablespoon or 3 tablespoons
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
1/4 cup + 1/8 cup
1/2 cup + 1/8 cup
1/2 cup + 1 ½ tablespoon
3/4 cup + 2 table spoons
ORIGINAL RECIPE VS CASSAVA FLOUR
Original Recipe (Baking Soda or Baking Powder)
BAKING SODA OR BAKING POWDER
WHEN SUBSTITUTING CASSAVA FLOUR
IN BAKED GOOD
1 ½ teaspoons
1 ½ teaspoon
2 ½ to 3 teaspoons
3 ½ to 4 teaspoons